Friday, January 2, 2009

Just Thoughts!

Sometimes....well ok... Most of the time I forget to blog and keep it all updated, so here are a few posts in a row to "catch up" they include lots of pics and a few words to describe at the end of the pics..
I would just like to say Happy New Year to all!! It is my wish and prayer that this year we all "stop and smell the roses" to use an old cliche'...but really I feel it is time to slow the "rat race " down , and remember what is most important to each one of us, and then give ourselves the opportunity to ENJOY what is most important to us..whatever that may be for you.
For the past 5 years or so, I have been making a concious effort to "live in the NOW"..it is challenging to do when "the thinking mind" takes over , and I begin to think of the past too much, and "relive" the past in my actions of today...(not healthy or productive) actually very counterproductive. OR...when I get so far out in the future that I am no longer "present" today. It is my intent to continue making a concious effort to stay in the present time, where the gifts and influence are. I once read they call it "present" time because that IS the "gift"...food for thought....... Be where you are so you don't miss your life!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

hey mindi,
Amen! Thats been my thoughts also. I actually have a sign that my friend had made me that I moved to a more visible wall that says "take time to smell the roses." I put it there to remind myself. thinkin of her helps also, her husband has terminal cancer & she has to appreciate each moment she has with him. I think of you often & it was fun to hear you on phone at granny & pa's. Pa had a big grin on his face talkin to you.;] I hope you & your family have a great year ahead & are able to live the moments & enjoy. I tend to jump into the future too often. That was one of my goals this year as hard as it is. thanks for your wisdom & sharing. I enjoy your blog. love ya. your cousin Tina