Thursday, May 8, 2008

TRIBUTE TO GRAMA COLLEEN

Our grama colleen passed away today thurs may 8th at 2;30 am, she passed peacefully in her sleep, and by her own desire.By that I mean she "decided" she wanted out, she said Grampa was waiting for her. She missed Grampa so much! It has been 4 years since he passed on, I am quite certain that since she reached her loved ones that have passed on before her, she hasnt quit talking...LOL...she loves to visit! She was a remarkably strong woman, plowed fields, baled hay, work with the cattle, her home, and yard. She raised 4 sons, and Abby a grand daughter.I was with her for the first 2 years of my life, she made a huge influence on who I am today....you can especially tell by my independance...LOL....I learned it from her! She was nearly 82 years of age, and she really disliked thinking she was that "old". She definitely wasnt one to sit around and be waited on...no she was the one working all the time, and thinking about what she would do after she finished her current project. Hanging out and watcing her cook was a favorite of mine, she made it look so fun, and she always cleaned up the kitchen as she prepared the food, she never "rushed" through any thing, but instead, used a mythodical way of accomplishing.
She loved the place where she was born ,and raised and lived all of her life, Scipio Utah. To her, there was not a better place in the world,She was alwys so proud of her town, She traveled to other places , but not for long, she alwys felt the need to get back and take care of the cows. Cows are like her children, she knew each one in the herd, no matter how many she had. She always loved having family come visit, she was a wonderful hostess. I couldnt stay awake when I would go visit and sit in the back room, it was like sleeping pills, just so relaxing, and peaceful. I could go on and on, we will all miss her so much, we have her in our hearts forever! We love you Grama Colleen....

No comments: